Terms and Conditions of Business
Meet and Greet Service
(a) The Company - VIP Heathrow Limited (Company Registration Number 08454503), 1 School Lane, Blymhill, Shifnal, Shropshire, TF11 8LJ.
(b) The Customer - The person named in the documentation submitted by the Company when confirming the booking.
(c) The Compound - The Company's premises, or any new or temporary premises used from time to time.
(d) The Personal Travel Assistant - the representative of the Company responsible for looking after the Customer's arrival at, and departure, from the airport, and the transit of their vehicle to and from the relevant VIP compound.
(e) The Vehicle shall mean the vehicle which is received into the compound and shall include a standard saloon car or smaller, estate car, 4x4, MPV and the like.
2. Basis of Contract
(a) If certain terms are deemed unenforceable, this should not render the entire contract unenforceable i.e. The terms are severable.
(b) The Terms contained in this entire document are extremely important as they specify those matters for which the Company does not accept responsibility. We reserve the right to change these Terms, but once you have made a booking the Terms which apply are those which were on the Website at the time of booking. However, please do not assume that the Terms which applied on one occasion when you booked a service with us will continue to apply when you next book. We recommend that you re-check these Terms before booking to satisfy yourself that you accept them.
(c) This contract is governed by English law.
(d) Your statutory rights are not affected.
(e) A contract only exists where the Company sends by automated email, and the customer ensures receipt of, the written acknowledgement of the booking (Booking Confirmation) from the Company and where good payment has been made for such. Where for any reason the price shown in the booking is incorrect, the company reserves the right to rectify the error either by charging any additional amounts to the customers credit card used at the time of booking or at the customers request to cancel the booking and refund the amount paid. The company also reserves the right to cancel bookings for operational reasons at its absolute discretion and refund the booking cost without charge to the customer where it sees fit.
(f) Payment may only be made to the Company (not to any other person whether in the Company's employment or not) by such credit or debit cards accepted by the Company at the time of booking or by other acceptable cleared funds prior to departure.
(g) The Customer grants the Company the right where applicable, to make any extra charges arising in relation to the parking with us retrospectively via the Customer's payment card used at the time of the original booking. Please refer to clause (r) below for full details of extra services provided and relevant charges and terms of application by us.
(h) The provision of our services is carried out solely and entirely on the understanding that the Customer accepts, fully and completely, the Company's terms and conditions, which also include the cancellation and surcharge policy. The booking confirmation email, which contains the instructions for using the service, also forms part of the Company's terms and conditions. Whilst we provide a high-value service we are nevertheless a low-cost Company and it is important that Customers appreciate when booking, that our terms and conditions are designed to enable us to keep our costs under our own control and within pre-determined limits.
(i) We reserve the right to cancel bookings due to circumstances beyond our control. In such an event we will endeavour to provide affected Customers with reasonable notice so they can make alternative arrangements.
(j) The company's opening hours are 0500 to 2300 7 days a week. In all other instances, meet times between 2300 and 0500 are by prior arrangement in writing only, including VIP FLEXI customers except where the Company at its absolute discretion decides to provide such service and then only in accordance with the restrictions stated herein. Where no prior arrangement has been made, the Company will monitor flight times and endeavour to return a vehicle where the landing time is after 0000 hours but no later than 0130 hours. The Company will not offer any service for landing times between 0130 and 0500 hours unless agreed by the Company IN WRITING (text or email) in advance. The customer must put all such requests in writing and ensure that the Company confirms the appointment by text or email together with the agreed cost. An extra charge at the rate of £12 per hour (calculated by reference to complete periods of 15 minutes (£2.50 per period) will be made for meet times between 0000 and 0130 hours, as well as a car park charge of £4.30 to enable the driver to park another vehicle in the short stay car park for transport back to the Company's compound after drop off. When the company has not been advised by the customer of an arrival time between 2300 and 0500 hours the Company will at its absolute discretion decide whether to offer cover during these hours and if it is able to do so, will be entitled to make the appropriate charges whether or not the customer arrives at that time or whether they fail to show.
(k) The Company cannot accept liability for any consequential loss arising under any of the terms and conditions set out herein, including, but not exclusively, any loss of profit, enjoyment, revenue or earnings. The company does not accept liability for any failure by it to perform its obligations due to an event beyond its reasonable control. This includes civil commotion, terrorist threats or activity, industrial disputes, adverse weather conditions, closure or congestion of any of the airport's terminals.
Customers should ensure they have adequate travel insurance in place, as the Company shall not be obliged to refund any amount paid as a result of the above or the like.
(l) The Company's drivers / Personal Travel Assistants are insured to drive Customer vehicles which are worth up to the value of £70,000. Customers with cars worth more than this figure may nevertheless book with the Company but on the strict understanding that the Company is not responsible for any excess when a claim exceeds £70,000, and also any claims will be restricted to the proportion that £70,000 bears to the actual value of the vehicle.
(m) The Company will only take responsibility for any damage where same is proved, and where such damage arose as a result of the Company's neglect, willful misconduct or default and where:
i) the alleged damage is reported to the Personal Travel Assistant at the time the vehicle is collected on the Customer's return to the airport
ii) the alleged damage is clearly indentified on the company's vehicle docket together with a brief description thereof
iii) the vehicle docket is signed by both the Personal Travel Assistant and the Customer.
v) The company will not accept responsibility where this procedure is not followed.
Once the vehicle is parked in our compound, the responsibility for insurance automatically reverts to the customer's insurance. Our service covers the vehicle only during transit and parking. The company cannot take any responsibility whatsoever for any comments made by, or alleged to have been made by, the company's staff in relation to any claim. Because of variations in Customer arrival and departure times, the Company utilizes the airport short-stay car parks to temporarily accommodate Customers' vehicles. In such instances, whilst the Company will take all due, reasonable care, the Company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused by third parties to Customer vehicles whilst their vehicle is stored temporarily in such locations. The Company will only take responsibility for any special instructions relating to the operation of vehicles and attachments, where this is put in writing by the customer and where the customer is in possession of written confirmation by the Company. Instructions given verbally to a member of staff cannot be taken as received by the Company. The Company and/or its insurers have the right to have any or all damage repaired by its own agents. For this purpose, the Customer must make the vehicle available to the Company or its agents for inspection and repair, and allow them to remove the vehicle from the Customer's possession for this purpose.
(n) The Company urges Customers to make sure that not only their vehicle but also any contents, including radio, audio and navigation equipment as well as other valuable items such as roof and bike racks, are fully and properly insured under their own insurance policies for damage, theft, vandalism and all other risks. The Company does not accept responsibility for any mechanical, structural or electrical failure or wear and tear to any part of the customer's vehicle whilst in its custody. The Company cannot take responsibility for any loss in this regard. Customers with concerns over such items should contact the Company in writing in order to see whether the Company is able to make special arrangements. Any such arrangements will only be valid provided this is put in writing by the customer and where the customer is in possession of written confirmation by the Company. Instructions given verbally to a member of staff cannot be taken as received by the Company. The Company will take all reasonable care of Customers' vehicles and their contents but the Company cannot accept responsibility for theft either of the vehicle or any of its contents or attachments. The Company urges Customers not to attach other keys or items of value to the car key they hand over along with their vehicle, as the Company cannot take responsibility for any loss in this regard. Whilst every care will be taken with car keys, in the unlikely event a car key is misplaced, damaged or stolen, The Company limits its indemnity for a replacement key to £100.
(o) The Company does not accept responsibility for delays incurred during the provision of its services as a result of factors outside its control such as security alerts or severe airport traffic delays affecting the surrounding infrastructure or where the customer has failed to follow the step by step instructions or turned up at such a time which would leave insufficient time to make the journey to the airport. In such circumstances, the Company will endeavour to update the Customer regularly via the mobile contact number provided by the Customer when booking. The Company cannot take responsibility where the number provided has changed and has not been communicated to the Company.
(p) Vehicle Valeting Service (Spring Clean):
VIP Spring Cleans (VIP- VIP Rules & Processes) The company offers a cost effective full valet service (Spring Clean) to customers. This is a good quality standard valet service designed to satisfy most reasonable requirements. The service provided includes : 1. vacuum & polish interior including windows 2. hand wash and polish outside of vehicle, wheels and windows. It does not include : i) waxing, or improving appearance of minor bodywork chips / scratches ii) removing ingrained/extensive stains to interior upholstery/roof linings/paintwork, etc. which are deemed to require specialist treatment. Important notes for customers : 1. The service is not intended for vehicles with inordinate levels of mud and/or damage to any part of the bodywork or undercarriage/wheel arches, etc., or where the inside of the vehicle is in such a condition that a more specialized level of service may be required. 2. As the company only offers the one level of service, where it determines (at its absolute discretion), that the vehicle is in an inappropriate condition for this service, it reserves the right to cancel the service, and where necessary refund the cost thereof. 3. The Company will not take responsibility for any damage subsequently revealed after the spring clean has taken place. Any damage so revealed will be the responsibility of the customer.
(q) Cancellation Policy;
In the event a customer returns at an earlier date than shown in the booking confirmation for any reason, the remainder of the parking duration will be deemed cancelled unless agreed otherwise by the Company in writing in advance of the return of the customer’s vehicle and the booking will be regarded as completed. No refunds, credits or changes will be possible after this date as the Company cannot hold spaces available in view of the uncertainties involved and the fact that we have limitations on the capacity at which we can operate. Customers are advised to have adequate travel insurance to cover such eventualities.
- VIP ECONOMY – A 50% refund will be applied if the customer notifies VIP of the cancellation a minimum of 24 hours prior to their departure meet time. No refund will be possible if the customer notifies VIP within 24 hours of their departure meet time.
- VIP FLEXI Service – A full refund will be applied if cancellation is no less than 24 hours to date of Departure. Less than 24 hours prior to date of departure, a 50% refund can be requested. No refund will be possible if cancelled on date of Departure or for customers who return to Heathrow earlier than planned after date of Departure.
- VIP GOLD Service – A full refund will be applied if cancelled prior to car collection on date of Departure.
- VIP Heathrow/Gatwick Dual Airport Services – A 75% refund will be applied if the customer notifies VIP of the cancellation a minimum of 24 hours prior to their departure meet time. No refund will be possible if the customer notifies VIP within 24 hours of their departure meet time.
If the Company itself needs to cancel bookings, affected Customers will be refunded in full.
(r) All prices and promotions are subject to change without prior notice at the Company's discretion.
(s) Extra Services arising due to changes in itinerary and Costs thereof.
In order to keep its charges as low as possible and yet maintain a high standard of service, VIP's service is appointment based and, accordingly, meet times different to those in the booking will incur extra services and charges for these. Customers should read the terms below carefully and follow the instructions in their booking confirmation to avoid these charges where possible.
(N.B. Where our operations team agrees that customers can met early, this should not be read as tacit admission that the charges will not be made in such circumstances as these are predicated purely upon the times booked and the actual times met. No changes to charges can be authorized by operations staff or any other person).
The customer authorizes VIP to charge the credit/debit card used by them when booking for any extra charges which arise in accordance with these terms and conditions. In order to keep administration costs to a minimum, VIP will only advise customers of charges of £10 or above or provide invoices upon request.
Due to the frequency with which customers' itineraries change and the extra costs this involves, as well as to keep administration costs to a minimum, it is the Company's policy to set out in advance of the use of the service, the amounts of those extra costs that will apply if the service provided is different from that prepaid in the original booking. Where applicable, charges will be made in due course after a customer's date of travel. However during peak travel periods, charges may take up to 6 weeks to be processed.
The Following Extra Service Charges Will Apply:
Certain charges apply to ECONOMY (previously 'PLUS'), FLEXI, GOLD & both Heathrow and Gatwick services bookings as shown.
1. Meet times between 0000 and 0500 will be charged at the rate of £12 plus £12 per hour thereafter (calculated by reference to complete periods of 15 minutes or part thereof, so £3.00 per period). In addition, a car park charge of £4.30 will be charged to enable the driver to park another vehicle in the short stay car park for transport back to the Company's compound after drop off. Applicable to ECONOMY (previously 'PLUS') and FLEXI.
Also meet times between 0000 and 0500 are by prior arrangement in writing only, except where the Company at its absolute discretion decides to provide such service and then only in accordance with the restrictions stated herein. Where no prior arrangement has been made, the Company will monitor flight times and endeavour to return a vehicle where the landing time is after 0000 hours but no later than 0130 hours.
2. If after the day of departure a customer extends their parking duration from the dates originally booked, extra days will be charged at £9.00 per day (VIP ECONOMY & VIP Heathrow/Gatwick), £11.00 per day (VIP FLEXI) and £12.00 per day (VIP GOLD).
3. Turning up or Failing to turn up without notification, will incur a charge of £15.
4. Changes to arrival/departure times advised on the day of travel, or within 12 hours of the time the customer wishes to be met if advised the day before, will incur a minmum charge of £10 and a maximum of £25 depending on the circumstances, to cover the Company for extra staff and ancillary costs (e.g. use of the short stay car parks). Applicable to ECONOMY (previously 'PLUS'), FLEXI & Heathrow/Gatwick services.
5. Any additional parking charges incurred by the company as a result of the customer taking the vehicle into the car park earlier than the collection time agreed with the company or its operations team, will be charged to the customer's credit card. Applicable to ECONOMY (previously 'PLUS') and FLEXI.
6. Jump starting or attempting to jump start vehicles which fail to start will be charged at £15. Applicable to all services.
7. Failure to provide our driver with a lift upon departure or return when the no lift extra has not been booked, will result in a charge of £60 (Heathrow/Gatwick Services only).
8. If a customer upon return is delayed in baggage reclaim or takes what we consider to be an inordinate length of time to exit the terminal, we reserve the right to park their car temporarily in the short stay car park at a small charge to the customer, so that we can attend to other customers in the meantime. Applicable to ECONOMY (previously 'PLUS') and FLEXI.
9. Any amounts incurred by the company in respect of parking charges made by BAA for use of any particular car park at the terminal used by the customer - see BAA Terminal Charge Page for full details).
10. The company provides at its absolute discretion a service to customers who arrive early / late for their appointment for a nominal sum of £4.80 which partly defrays the cost of using the Heathrow short stay car parks and interchanging staff to deal with changes.
11. Meet times between 22:00 and 23:00 hours will incur a £6 surcharge unless pre-booked. Applicable to ECONOMY (previously 'PLUS').
12. Meet times between 23:00 and 00:00 hours will incur a £12 surcharge unless pre-booked. Applicable to ECONOMY (previously 'PLUS').
13. Heathrow & Gatwick / Gatwick & Heathrow duo airport service: We are based at Heathrow and we allow 2 hours for a driver to go to Gatwick and back if a customer provides the driver a lift. If customer has booked the 'No lift option', there is a 3 hour allocation for the VIP Driver in that price. If the round trip takes more than these allocated times due to circumstances outside our control, an extra charge of £20 per hour may apply. For customers flying out of Gatwick and returning to Heathrow, the customer may be asked to park their vehicle in the Gatwick short stay car-park at their own cost if the VIP driver is delayed en-route on date of departure due to circumstances outside our control.
14. VIP GOLD Meet & Greet Heathrow- a reasonable amount of time is allocated for the VIP driver to wait for the customer upon return to Heathrow, however should the customer take an inordinate amount of time to exit the terminal, the VIP driver may park your vehicle in the short stay car park at the customer's expense.
The above list is not exhaustive and other charges may apply. However, in such cases the company will endeavour to obtain your approval in advance. Any such recharge (for example, if a tyre deflates while you are away and needs repairing/replacing on your behalf) not mentioned above will not exceed £20 unless agreed in advance with the customer.
3. The Company's Liability
(a) Storage, Movement or Relocation of Customers' Vehicles
The Company will store your vehicle in the relevant secure compound. Occasionally, the Company may move vehicles for security or other reasons to other secure compounds operated by the Company. Vehicles will be fully insured for road risks during this process up to a value of £70,000.
All members of staff are trained to the highest standards of best care and practice. However, whilst the Company takes every care when driving your vehicle to and from the airport terminal (or between compounds), and when parking it in the relevant secure compound, we have to provide for the possibility that despite those efforts the occasional incident of damage will nevertheless occur.
Our drivers are fully insured for damage whilst your vehicle is in transit between the airport terminal and the compounds and during the process of parking your vehicle. In the interests of transparency, we must make it clear that we do not take any responsibility, inter alia, for the following caused, or arising, during the process of transit, parking or storage (whether caused accidentally or by way of vandalism):
1. Theft of, or from, your vehicle, unless such damage or theft is caused by the negligence of the Company, its agents or employees, and then only to the extent that the Company's negligence has caused or contributed to the relevant damage or theft.
2. i) Broken or damaged windscreens or other glass in vehicles.
ii) Small dents/scratches or the like especially to bumpers and number plates both front and back, of a type any vehicle would be exposed to in any car park scenario or in the process of driving the vehicle in accordance with our customers' instructions.
3. Punctures, deflated tyres or other tyre / wheel damage
4. Damage caused as a result of acts of nature or chance e.g. damage caused by flying debris from trees, other vehicles, birds or animals, etc.
5. Any other damage beyond our control
6. The failure of any vehicle for any reason to start or run. In this respect, the Customer will be responsible for any costs incurred by the Company. Furthermore, the Company cannot take responsibility for any delays caused directly or indirectly as a result, and may take such action as it reasonably considers necessary to move the vehicle, if it is causing obstruction and/or access problems for other vehicles in a compound. Further charges may apply in such circumstances
(b) Security of Vehicles and Contents
The Company provides every Customer with a secure off airport compound (uncovered) in which their vehicle is parked and a secure safe where their car key will be stored. Some of the company's compounds are ParkMark approved and others are compounds that have been vetted by the company itself as having adequate facilities for the security of customers vehicles.
The Company cannot accept responsibility for any damage or other loss, unless proven to be as result of the Company's negligence and/or wilful misconduct. The Company cannot take responsibility for any loss, by way of theft, of the vehicle or its contents. The Company can take no responsibility if a third party uses a Customer's security password fraudulently and takes possession of the Vehicle.
While the Company takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the compounds are secure, it does not guarantee that they are a secure environment. The Company provides every Customer with a secure compound in which their vehicle is parked and a secure safe where their car key will be stored. However, the Company cannot accept responsibility for any damage, unless proven to be as result of the Company's negligence and/or wilful misconduct. The Company cannot take responsibility for any loss, by way of theft or vandalism of the vehicle or its contents. The Company can take no responsibility if a third party uses a Customer's security password fraudulently and takes possession of the Vehicle.
(c) Claims procedure
The Company will deal efficiently, fairly and professionally with any claims. In the event of a claim the customer must follow all the necessary procedures and provide the company with all the necessary paperwork to enable the claim to be fully assessed. The company will take no responsibility where, for any reason, the paperwork required is either incomplete or not produced at all. However, it is a condition of our/your acceptance of the contract with us that, in the unlikely event of a claim, the Company and/or its insurers have the right to have any or all damage repaired by its own agents and for this purpose the Customer must make the vehicle available to the agents for inspection and repair, and allow the Company or its agents to remove the vehicle from the Customer's possession for this purpose.
In the event of a claim, please write to the managing director of the Company at the address shown above setting out full details of the claim.
For the peace of mind of our Customers, we wish to make it clear that any work carried out by the agents on behalf of ourselves or our insurers will be carried to insurance standards. Where the vehicle is rendered unroadworthy, or needs to be taken away from the customer for repair, the Company will not be responsible for the provision of a replacement vehicle unless the Vehicle needs to be away from the Customer for over 3 days. For each additional day the Company will provide a basic courtesy vehicle (E.g. Ford Focus type vehicle) subject to terms and conditions and the Customer will be responsible for its fully comprehensive insurance.
(d) Complaints Procedure
Although, of course, we hope that complaints are not necessary, if they do arise, we are committed to resolving them quickly, amicably and to the Customers' complete satisfaction. In the event a complaint is upheld, it is the company's policy not to make money refunds or partial money refunds and any offer made by the company can only be made in conjunction with a future use of our services or via a selection from our CLUB VIP scheme. In this respect the decision of the managing director is final.
(e) Helpful suggestions or advice
If Customers, whilst not wishing to make a formal claim or complaint, nevertheless observe areas where they feel we can improve our services, we would be grateful if they would advise the Company by writing to the managing director as in (d) above or telephoning during normal office hours. Any suggestions or advice which the Company finds practical and useful will be rewarded by way of discount against the Customer's next use of a VIP service. In this respect the decision of the managing director as to the amount and terms of any discount is final.
4. The Customer's Liabilities / Responsibilities
The Customer is responsible, inter alia, for ensuring that:
(a) The company requires the customer to bring 2 keys for their vehicle, one which the customer should retain and one to give to the VIP PTA. VIP accepts no liability for any faulty keys, alarm fobs and house or other keys left on the key ring.
(b) The vehicle used by them is taxed, MOT'd and insured and is also in a roadworthy condition with an adequate amount of fuel. Where the Company considers there may be insufficient fuel, it reserves the right to put a gallon of fuel into the tank and charge this to the Customer's payment card. A charge of £5 plus the cost of the fuel will be made for this service. N.B. The Company reserves the right to refuse to drive any vehicle which in its absolute discretion it determines to be unroadworthy.
(c) They will indemnify the Company against any fines incurred by the Company as a result of any inadequacies in the above.
(d) They are contactable en-route on the dates of their travel on the mobile contact numbers provided when booking. No responsibility will be accepted by the Company for delays or extra charges incurred as result of not being able to contact the Customer on the dates of their travel or where the customer fails to contact us due to not having their booking confirmation with them.
(e) They must follow the procedures for meeting VIP upon departure from, and upon returning to the airport, as detailed in the booking confirmation email. No responsibility will be accepted by the Company for delays or extra charges incurred as result of Customers not adhering to these procedures.
(f) They fully inspect their vehicle upon return in the presence of their P.T.A, as the company cannot take responsibility for any damage claims, made or alleged, once the vehicle has left its possession, whatever the circumstances. The vehicle should not be taken away until this process has been fully completed.
(g) Where the customer is unable for any reason whatsoever to inspect the vehicle fully before leaving the Terminal, it is his/her responsibility to call for a senior representative of the company so that an alternative can be agreed before the vehicle leaves our possession. The company will not take responsibility where damage is claimed at a later time and where this process has not been followed.
It is also the customer's responsibility in this regard to ensure that:
1) The customer’s docket handed to them upon departure is signed both on departure and return by both their P.T.A. as well as the customer to show the condition of the vehicle at both times, so that any damage to the vehicle at either time is clearly shown at each point.
2) In the event of a claim they send the fully completed document to the company along with their formal claim including photographs.
(i) If a Customer's outbound or return travel dates change, the Customer must give the company (via the operations number) at least 12 hours notice to avoid a potential delay. If general travel details change such as travel times / terminal / vehicle, the Customer must follow strictly the instructions set out in the booking confirmation by texting or emailing as appropriate the Customer Care Team or the main V.I.P. mobile number, giving reasonable advance notice of any such changes and on the understanding that emails are accessed Mon-Fri (excluding Bank Holidays) during normal working hours whereas texts are accessed during normal opening hours (0500 - 2300). Responsibility lies with the Customer to confirm acknowledgement by the Company of any such changes. Charges may apply and result in delays on the day if the Customer does not adhere to this procedure. Certain changes will in any event incur extra charges in accordance with our Surcharge Policy. Certain changes can be made free of charge by visiting the Company's website and clicking on Reservations (See the website menu near the top of the Meet and Greet page) and Amend Existing Reservation. Any amendments made by the company will incur a charge of £2.40.
5. Variations of Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions can only be varied in writing by the Company's managing director on the Company's headed notepaper.
We must emphasise that Customers cannot rely on anything said by any member of staff or any other party whether employed by the company or not, to change or vary this contract in any way.
Any comments, opinions or ‘advice’ given by or elicited from members of staff at any time before, during or after the performance of the service is to be regarded as relating solely, to the physical, operational activities necessary to carry out the service, and cannot replace or vary in any way the terms agreed on the date of this booking.